Join Us In
3 Live Training Events
Event #1: February 4th – February 7th
Event #2: June 3rd – June 6th
Event #3: June 17th – June 20th
Interested? Save Your Seat or sign up to learn more. Hurry, Seating Is Limited!
ADVANCED WOUNDCARE CONCEPTS
Next level principles for the wound Certified clinician
AWCC Prep Course Location
Excell Home Care
14023 Paramount Blvd #101 Paramount, CA 90723 562-988-3370
Additional information for the course, the certification,
scholarship information, and the full calendar of events
is available at Healianttraining.com
THE NEXT LEVEL OF WOUND CARE TRAINING IS HERE
Healiant’s course curriculum has been developed by non-promotional product domain experts to increase your knowledge and more importantly to empower your practice. Product knowledge that matters to your patients’ outcomes. This means that you will be equipped with new information that will have a positive impact on your patients.
WHO IS THIS COURSE FOR?
This course is for every wound care clinician that wants to enhance their wound care skills, improve patient outcomes, and gain a deeper understanding of advanced wound therapies. Any clinician can take this course. However, those seeking certification must meet the eligibility requirements established by the certification board. Access the 2019 Clinician Handbook HERE.
What Wound Specialists Are Saying
Course Intended For: RN, LPN/LVN, NP, APN, PT, PTA, OT, OTA, DPM, DO, MD, PA & WCC, CWCN, CWON, CWOCN, CWS, CSCA, CWSP
Course Description: “Advanced Wound Care Concepts: Next Level Principles for the Wound Certified Clinician”. This advanced wound care training program will prepare clinicians for the AWCC exam and credential offered by NAWCO. The course material focuses on the newest and most advanced wound care treatments and the five major product categories that serve wound healing, and also includes a bonus segment on reimbursement and documentation.
Advanced Wound Dressings
- Select the appropriate topical product depending on the wound description
- Categorize four types of advanced wound dressings
- List indications and contraindications of use for multiple advanced wound dressings
- Recommend appropriate debridement method based on wound assessment
- Determine the negative impacts of necrotic tissue on a wound
- Identify the most commonly used diagnosis codes for wound debridement
- Differentiate between selective and non-selective debridement options
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Explain the indications and contraindications for negative pressure wound therapy
- Describe the mechanism of action of negative pressure wound therapy
- Specify the appropriate application of negative pressure wound therapy treatment
Cellular and/or Tissue Based Products / Skin Substitutes
- List four indications and contraindications for skin substitute products
- Distinguish between multiple classes of skin substitute products
- Describe the mechanisms of action of the different classes of skin substitute products
- Organize the steps of applying a skin substitute product
- Discuss indications and contraindications for compression therapy
- Compare advantages and disadvantages of different offloading modalities
- Classify various levels and types of support surfaces